Our ongoing six week courses are designed for the absolute beginner and aim to teach you the first three steps of two dances. They are great fun and they do get very busy so make sure you enrol early. Once you finish a course, simply enrol onto the next one and learn new dances. If you have done a little more dancing then why not enrol for our beginner and Intermediate course. Beginner classes are held on Mondays and Thursday's at 7.45pm (Stockport) Tuesdays at Compstall. The classes last for 45 minutes and are followed by 15 minutes practice time at which point the Intermediate classes begin. Couples and Singles Welcome as we rotate partners. (COMPSTALL CLASS REQUIRES PARTNER).
Half courses can also be enrolled.
Next course begins: on Monday 18th June and Thursday 21st June (Stockport). Book early as these courses are very busy. If you would like to begin sooner you can hop on at the halfway point where we change dance. (Contact us for details)
Compstall class begins on 19th June. Beginners at 7.45pm Improvers 8.45pm.
- 7.45pm Beginners course only £48 Per Person
- 7.45pm and 8.45pm Beginners plus Intermediate £60
Half courses: Beginners: £25. Both classes: £34
Payment for courses: Courses be can paid online by using the following bank details: or alternatively can be paid for on your first night if paying cash.
Stockport Dance Centre. Account: 43389502. Sort Code: 20-82-14. Please add your full name as a reference.
Our ongoing six week Intermediate classes are for the dancers that feel comfortable with the basics. We will generally work on new steps with emphasis on better technique and style. The class lasts for 45 minutes and then 15 minutes practice time. Our Intermediate classes follow the beginners on Mondays and Thursdays. Ideally our Intermediate dancers would enrol beginners and Intermediate which would give you a full night of dancing. Couples and Singles Welcome
Next courses begin: 7.45 and 8.45pm Monday 18th June and Thursday 21st June. (Stockport)
- 8.45pm on Mondays and Thursdays, after the beginner classes.
- £48 Per Person or £60 Per Person for beginner and Intermediate. (ie. 7.45 class and 8.45pm class).
- 3 week half course £25 or £34
Every TUESDAY From 2018 we have a class at St Paul's Church Hall in Compstall. Ballroom class at 7.45pm and Intermediate at 8.45pm
NEXT COURSE BEGINS ON TUESDAY 19th JUNE email us to book...
One class £8 both classes £10. This class will require a dance partner as we do not swap or rotate.
18 years and over. Pay as you go for this class. All levels welcome. Join anytime.
St. Paul's Church, Compstall Brow, Stockport, SK6 5HU, United Kingdom
Next course begins 19th June. Beginners 7.45pm ---- Improvers 8.45pm
Why not come and practice all you have learned with our wonderful Friday practice night. 7-9pm every Friday you can turn up and practice on our beautiful floor. Hot drinks available. £3 pp
Every Saturday we have great classes for our younger dancers. Working on Ballroom and Latin American, your little ones will learn balance, grace and poise in our lovely friendly classes. Dances such as Cha Cha, Rumba, Salsa, Charleston, Waltz, Fox Trot etc etc.
- 10 years – 16 years 10.30am Beginners to early Intermediate.
- 6 years plus 11.30am Beginners to early Intermediate.
- Intermediate and advanced medal dancers 9.30am
- £5 on the door. No need to book long courses. Opportunities to take medal tests will be available at certain times of the year.
Designed for the more serious dancer that wishes to take their dancing to a much higher technical and stylish level. Private lessons are ideal for perfecting that hip movement or the lovely rise and fall. You can work on any dance you like and lessons are booked direct with your teacher at mutually convenient times.
- One off lesson £50
- Block of 5 £235
- Block of 10 £450
- (Private lessons are one on one lessons, there may be other private lessons taking place)
Make your special day even more special with your very own choreographed first dance.
You choose the music and let us choreograph the perfect routine for you both. We have taught literally hundreds of first dance routines and often this part of your day will stay in your memories for many years to come. Whether you want the fairy tale Waltz or a contemporary style we can cater for your every need.
- Bronze Package: 3 private lessons £165 Simple beautiful routine around 1 min 30 seconds.
- Silver Package: 5 Private lessons £265 slightly flashier routine again around 1 min 30 seconds plus.
- Gold Package: 10 Private Lessons. Full Fred and Ginger style!! Make an Impact with this package. £510
- All packages offer you 3 practice nights which are on Friday evenings.